The Parish is where the rubber hits the road.
The author offers free conversations with clergy. I have 50 years of parish experience and I am delighted to be of assistance to any clergy person of any denomination. I would be delighted to hold telephone conversations or email discussion with any clergy person struggling with how to make the parish ministry work. I had to figure a lot out, and the questions I was forced to ask are still good for the changing parish ministry. Call 206 407-9333.
The author is available for presentations at conferences, training sessions for clergy and retreats.
Particular subjects presented:
- Things that keep parents awake at night, and for which the chuch can offer help. Creating a supportive community of open minded parents to firure out the issues facing the growing child.
- Marketing plans for a church ministry. Creating pull, – what people see the church has to offer them, rather than what we want to sell the people.
- Gospel solutions: Dishonest Steward, Beloved Disciple, Who wanted Jesus dead? I have some surprising solutions I would love to share with anyone who was interested.
- Limitations of belief in an age of hi tech, and the emergence of faith as the Christian experience on offer.
- Navigating the textual jungle of the New Testament.
- How good are our gospel texts. Why we can trust tem and what we can learn from study.
- Christ-centered devotional life without religiosity.
- Conscious, subconscious and the unconscious, Freud’s words but the age-old struggle with our body, soul, and spirit.
- End times, dumping the baggage and wrestling with the implications of our 21st-century world.
Direct contact with the author: Peter D. Snow: 206 407-9333